Translate

Monday, March 2, 2015

Gluten-free Banana Bread



We had a great get together yesterday and I made a banana bread for our guests, who are really more like family but any excuse to bake & treat those I love, makes me feel happy. So, I tried my hand at a gluten free version that I could snack on as well. We also took pics of my nephew, being an auntie was made all the better by his cute puckered duck face lips, at the same moment I was doing it.






OK, enough cuteness & blessed moments with silliness & smiles.
Onto the recipe. It's gluten-free & dairy-free, I added egg to mine but you can replace it with flax "egg". I will include it. Enjoy it!


Gluten-free Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients:

4 Large bananas mashed 1 3/4 Cups
1 LG egg or 1 flax "egg" (1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water, stir let sit 3 minutes until gummy)
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp walnut oil
1/2 Cup maple syrup
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup almond milk soured with 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 Cup Bob's Redmill All-purpose Gluten-free Flour Blend
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
(Gluten-free flours burn more easily, it's best to bake at lower temperatures, especially when it's a heavier batter.)

-Line 2 loaf pans with coconut oil
-In a bowl mix wet ingredients
-In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients
-Add dry to wet, stir until well combined
-Fill each pan halfway, evenly share the dough between the two pans.
-Sprinkle with brown sugar on top





-Bake in the middle rack of the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Turn the pans halfway and bake for another 20-30 minutes. Make sure a cake Pic comes out clean when you poke the bread in the middle.
-Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and allow to cool completely before slicing & serving.

I didn't take pictures of the sliced bread because we were so busy eating & laughing that I forgot all about it. Don't worry, it all tasted great. I served it with Nutella for one of the kids & butter. We ate ours plain & I had my earth balance. One loaf was scarfed & the other went home with the mighty Yaya & family but I did snag a silly pic of me with a whole loaf. Play with your food when no one is looking. Teehee!

Some more cuteness & baby toes because baby toes.Which is ironic because I cannot stand grown up feet but baby toes are usually adorbs.







Let me know how the recipe works out for you & feel free to leave comments below, and remember to share it with those you love.

1 comment :

  1. Uh oh! My mama bear's got baby fever..... Watch out papa! Woah ohh here she comes! lol

    ReplyDelete